Fellowships and Awards
The EACR Travel Fellowship scheme is intended to assist cancer researchers to advance their research and is supported by EACR and the Association for International Cancer Research (AICR).
The fellowships mainly give opportunities for researchers to work in exciting new contexts across Europe: they support the development of research by visiting and working in a centre of excellence or participating in specialised practical workshops and courses.
The scheme is specifically designed to assist EACR members with less than four years post-doctoral experience. Late entrants to cancer research with less than four years post-doctoral experience may also apply for Travel Fellowships.
- The scheme is open to those who have been a member of the EACR for at least 12 months prior to the application and all application forms must be supported and signed by two members of the EACR.
- The value of each award is typically up to 2,500 Euros – exceptions will be considered where a strong case can be made. An EACR Travel Fellowship is normally awarded for a period of two weeks to three months.
- Longer-Stay Awards: Where a longer fellowship is desirable, perhaps comprising two periods of research collaboration, EACR will provide 50% match funding up to 4,000 Euros. Applicants must clearly indicate the source of match funding on such applications as EACR will wish to make contact with the co-funders.
- EACR Travel Fellowships are intended to support research on the basis of technical exchange, including participation at practical workshops and courses, but not attendance at scientific meetings or conferences.
Please note that:
- Members who are based outside Europe must plan their visit to a country within Europe.
- Applicants may not apply to fund a trip within the country where they are currently working.
- The committee sets a limit on the number of fellowships that can be awarded for visits outside Europe.
- There are no specific submission dates for applications and therefore applicants should allow adequate time between submitting their application to be evaluated and the date they wish to travel.
- Applications are submitted to the Travel Fellowships Evaluation Committee on Tuesdays. We aim to advise applicants of the outcome of their application within ten working days of the date they are submitted to the Evaluation Committee.
An application form with full details and eligibility criteria is available in the EACR Members’ Area here: Upload, view and comment on documents . You will require your member login details to view this.