Fellowships and Awards
The EACR Meeting Bursary scheme is designed to assist members of the European Association for Cancer Research to attend EACR-22, the 22nd Biennial Congress of the European Association for Cancer Research in Barcelona, Spain, 7-10 July 2012.
- All applicants must submit an abstract for the congress
- The scheme is specifically designed to support the attendance of student members, and members with less than ten years post-doctoral experience - including late entrants to cancer research – who have difficulties in securing alternative funding to participate in the congress.
- Applications are invited from researchers who have been Active members of the Association for at least 6 months prior to the application and Student members, of at least 3 months standing, who are registered on a PhD or equivalent programme.
- An award may be made to the value of 600-1200 Euro (weighted in relation to estimated travel costs). This grant will be used to assist with the cost of accommodation and travel to support full attendance at EACR-22. Funding to meet the cost of early-rate or student membership registration is included in the award. (If a registration has already been purchased, the cost will be reimbursed to successful bursary applicants)
- An application form with full details is available in the Members’ Area via Upload, view and comment on documents (you will require your log in details to view this.)
The deadline for receipt of applications is 23rd February 2012. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
EACR21 Meeting Bursaries
45 ‘Meeting Bursaries’ supported the attendance and participation of ‘Young Cancer Researchers’ at EACR 21 in Oslo. A small selection of successful applicants reflect on the experience in the 2011 Yearbook.
EACR20 Meeting Bursaries
The award of 29 ‘Meeting Bursaries’ supported the attendance and participation of ‘Young Cancer Researchers’ at EACR 20 in Lyon. Seven successful applicants reflect on the experience in the EACR 2009 Newsletter.
EACR Meeting Bursaries for attendance at EACR20 and EACR-21
A record number of applications for Meeting Bursaries were received for EACR-20 in Lyon (95) and the scheme was extended to support the attendance of 29 Young Researchers.
We welcomed Meeting Bursary winners from Armenia, Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Czech Republic, Finland, France (3), Germany (4), Hungary, Italy (2), Russia, Spain (4), Switzerland, The Netherlands and the UK (6).
With 104 applicants, the scheme was extended again for EACR-21 in Oslo and 45 awards made to members from Belgium, Brazil (2), Finland (2), France (2), Germany (4), Ireland (2), Israel, Italy (9), Portugal, Spain (8), Switzerland (3), Turkey, UK (8) and USA.
For the first time these included four scholarship awards supported by Susan G Komen for the Cure and the Mattyasovszky & Meziani Bursary Award